Day of surgery – At home
- When you brush your teeth or rinse your mouth make sure to spit out all of the liquid.
- After a bath or shower please do not use powder, lotion, deodorant, perfume, aftershave or makeup.
- Mr Barmare will tell you instructions about taking any medications on surgery day.
- Arrive at the hospital 2 hours before your surgery is scheduled to begin, unless you have been told otherwise.
Arriving at the Hospital
- Check in at admissions and register (if you haven’t already pre-registered)
- Get a nametag and confirm that your details are correct
- Pay your insurance excess if applicable
Before Surgery – PreOp
- You will be given a gown, cap and paper slippers to change into.
- Your anesthesiologist may meet you to explain the process and answer any questions.
- Mr Barmare will explain the surgery, what to expect afterward and answer any questions.
- A nurse will attach IVs and monitoring leads if required.
- Your friends or family will wait in the waiting area during the surgery.
- It is recommended to have someone stay in that area in case the doctor or nurse needs to talk with them during surgery.
- After your surgery, Mr Barmare will let your family members or friends (if you agree) know how the surgery went.